Welcome to Highfield South Farnham Nursery
At Highfield South Farnham Nursery our mission is to give the children confidence and freedom of choice. We aim to ensure that each child has a smooth transition to Reception feeling happy and excited to learn and grow.
The Nursery is housed in a large purpose built structure with a large outside area which is securely fenced. Both the inside and outside areas are available to the children at all times and they choose where they would like to play. Our provision is enhanced in many areas supporting the children’s characteristics of effective learning and interests. Allowing them free choice and opportunity to extend their play through open ended resources.
In Nursery we:
- Understand that the Early Years are a crucial stage in terms of children's physical, intellectual, emotional and social development.
- Work with parents to establish children's learning styles and preferences, taking into consideration the children's existing knowledge and the needs of three and four year olds when planning the curriculum.
- Encourage children to learn as they play by delivering a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Value every child's needs and abilities; understanding that every child is an individual and will learn differently.
- Lay the foundations for learning in literacy and mathematics. Thorough adult scaffolding children’s play and developing curiosity.
- Help the children develop confidence and self-esteem ready to transition to school.
Please find below our Nursery Brochure.
To review any of our school/nursery policies, please visit our policy page.
Please also visit our Facebook page for further information on the Nursery and to view our news feeds: @hsfnursery