Phonics and Early Reading
Phonics and reading are key skills in a child's education, and something that parents can help support and develop at home.
Please find below the parent session on phonics and early reading, led by our English curriculum team and Early Years team, along with some useful links to help you support your child at home.
If you have any questions or would like some further help in supporting your child's reading and phonics please get in contact with the school office or your child's class teacher.
Loom Video of the Parent Phonics and Early Reading Presentation:
Helpful Phonics Links
- Sound pronunciation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ksblMiliA8
- Geraldine the Giraffe: https://www.youtube.com/c/MrTsPhonics
- Phonics songs and tricky word songs: https://www.youtube.com/c/EpicPhonics
- Range of phonics, handwriting and spelling games: https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/literacy.html
- Phase 2 phonics game: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/phonics/balloon-phonics-cvc-game
- Some free Phonics games ranging from phase 2-5: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Some free Phonics games ranging from phase 1-5: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Alphablocks: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/the-alphablocks-guide-to-phonics